Friday, January 1, 2010

Bringing in the New Year.

Like I had written in a previous post, I was set to work on New Years.

I did.

And it was....slow.

Terribly slow.

Horrendously slow.

But, I made it through. I just find myself questioning whether or not it was worth sitting at my desk for nearly 8 hours, spending less time actually working than doing a puzzle, or texting on my phone. You see, I work in a call center. When there are no calls coming in, there is virtually nothing for me to do that is work related.

As you can imagine things were moving at a snails pace today.

While, yes, I'm very thankful for the opportunity to get paid double and a half...but, am I really glad I did it?

Maybe.

I'll let you know what decision I've come to when pay day rolls around.

And that's how I brought in my New Year! Now, like usual, I'm emotionally drained from dealing with customers all day. (I'm in collections for a major cooperation! Definitely an emotional roller coaster every day.) And I'm planning on going to bed at a decent time tonight.

So, with the decent time creeping closely by, I'll bid you good night.

Happy 2010! Tomorrow, maybe, I'll think about what I want for my life in 2010, and what kind of resolutions I might make.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment