Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Quiet New Years Evening.

When New Year's rolls around every year,the world can get a little excited. Fireworks boom in the close distance, stores make their money selling alcohol, and many young adults have their fun at New Year's parties.

An what do you think that I'm going to on my eighteenth New Years? Why, spend it with my family of course! To fill you in, I am not, nor have ever been one to...'party'. I've never really understood the concept of drinking enough to be labeled as 'wasted' and not remember anything from that night. Not only are you wasted, but you waste the night away.

That is, however, besides the point. Tonight I will spend as much time as I can before having to sleep due to work in the morning, and treasure the moments I will get to spend with my family. My younger brother and sister are only here for two more days. And, with the table filled with New Years goodies, we intend to countdown the night away, spend time playing Battle of the Sexes with the family that did show up, and eating a very delicious meal.

Happy New Years everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment