Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years...?

So, while the world has already begun to celebrate their new years, such as Australia this early in our morning...America is barely waking up. Adults, like me, are up before the crack of dawn, getting ready for work while rubbing the sleep from our eyes and struggling to stay awake in the shower, have to work New Years Eve.

But, like more Americans than I realize, I also get to spend my New Years Day at work. Oh what joy! There are no words to express how happy I am to spend a holiday at work!

Well, while I feel like being sarcastic, over the top, and all around grumpy due to my work schedule for tomorrow, I really should be excited. You know why? I bet you don't, so I'm going to tell you. I get paid holiday pay. Yay!

How much is Holiday pay? You may ask...

Not time and a half.

But DOUBLE and a half!

Now that is something to celebrate. I don't make that much money in the first place, being a high school graduate, but makes more than other high school graduates....at least I would hope so for the job I get to do every day.... I make ten dollars an hour...which is pretty good in Texas, with the minimum wage still being in the seven dollars.

DOUBLE AND A HALF!

You do realize that means I'll be getting paid, technically speaking, twenty-five dollars an hour...for eight hours. TWENTY-FIVE!

Yes, I do realize that is just for a day. But when I make, before taxes, eighty dollars a day...making double and a half of that is AWESOME!

At least for someone who has been living paycheck to paycheck, and is scraping by with hardly enough to put into savings for college.

So, my dear readers that have yet to stumble over my blog and begin to read, THAT is something to be excited about.

And to think, I was initially upset that I had to be working when I could have been spending time with my family. The family that includes my younger brother and sister that are visiting from Washington for this week only.

Oh well. As much as I love them, it will be a relief to have a bigger pay check in two weeks.

Happy new years to me, to you, and to the rest of this planet.

HAPPY NEW YEARS! Keep it safe and happy.

And remember, Don't drink and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment