Thursday, January 21, 2010

Paraniod.

In every city there is crime. But, when you hear about shootings or beatings happening randomly in your area, it makes me think. It makes you shiver. It makes you scared. And, more than anything, it makes you paranoid.

And right now, I'm feeling paranoid. My heart is beating in my throat, and as I don't want to go to sleep. I'm afraid that in the middle of the night I'll wake up with a looming shadow draping across my wall, and an unfamiliar face looking down on me with a clenched fist or a shiny knife.

But these are paranoid thoughts, and irrational visions. I am, yes, a christian. I should not have anything to be afraid of, but 'fear' itself. Prayer helps slow my quick beating heart, and scriptures help put my mind at ease.

But then, I see those stories on the news about what is going on in the city around, and I allow myself to think those same thoughts.

And so tonight, as I get myself ready for bed, my mind is racing with prayers. "Please Lord, calm my nerves....Just let me rest tonight without fear."

Alright. That's all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment