Monday, February 1, 2010

Not Per Usual

So this morning, I woke up at my usual time. Got ready at my usual pace. And expected to leave my house at a usual time.

But, to my advantage, my dad was sick.

Now before you get all judgemental, and start thinking terrible thoughts about my character, just wait a moment.

My usual time to get up in the morning is 5:30.

The time I go to work? 11:15.

Do you know why there is such a
dramatic difference?

Because my dad works before me! And because his day starts at 8:00, and mine at 11:15, I have to leave the house at his hour. 7:20.

And do you know where I go for that time period? 7:40-10:45? Cindy's house. Cindy is a woman I work with, who is undeniably sweet, by the way.

I go there in the morning, and car pool to work.

So I'm up at 5:30. Working at 11:15. And don't get off until 8:15.

Now, rather than drawing mean faced characters on peices of paper, imitating me, think about how long my days actually are!

Getting back to the point, my dad was sick. So...

Drumroll please!

I got to sleep IN!

Till 8:00!

And do whatever the heck I wanted around the house!

I feel so rested today!

So...utterly...AMAZING!

And it's all because my dad came down with the cold.

I love ya dad, and I'm sorry you're sick. I hate seeing you sick.

But it is nice not having to leave the house so early, isn't it?

(This won't permanently be the case...only for the next few weeks until I get my car!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment